Monday 8 November 2010

Mrs Hinsley's Spellings - Monday 8th November

The rule is: If a word ends in sh, ch, ss, x, s or o,
then add ‘es’ to make it a plural (more than one.)

Activity 1
Your spelling words this week are the plural form of all of the words in the list.
stitch, kiss, watch, bus, dish, potato
domino, box, witch, patch, wish, class
Copy the following list into your book and make the plurals
One stitch, two stitches. One kiss, two
One watch, two ______ One bus, two ________
One domino, two _____ One box, two _______
One witch, two ________ One patch, two ________
One wish, two _______ One class, two _________
One dish, two_________ One potato, two __________
Activity 2 - Copy the sentences into your books and put in the correct plural word
1. The fairy gave me three w_________.
2. My mum gives me lots of good night k______.
3. There were lots of b_______ at the bus station.
4. We were sewing and I did lots of s________.
5. Max and James had a game of d_________.
6. There are two c_______ in year four; 4H and 4S.
7. My sister put her toys into the toy b ____.
8. I put ice cream into four d_____.
9. The two wicked w_______ put a spell on Sam.
10. Mum sewed two p________ onto Tom’s jeans.
11. I had two roast p_________ with my dinner.
12. We all checked our w_________ to see if it was time to go home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will learn my spellings.