Tuesday 8 June 2010

Multiplying by partitioning

We have been learning how to multiply numbers by partitioning them in the grid method. Try this web site to practise your skills

http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/numbers/wholenumbers/multiplication/written/game.shtml

When you have mastered how to multiply by partitioning then you may be ready to move on to the standard written method of multiplying numbers. Check out the website below to see if you can follow the standard written method and understand how it works.
http://www.dositey.com/2008/muldiv/mul1ml134.htm

Good luck and happy multiplying.

4 comments:

Ola said...

Dear Mrs Hinsley and Miss Speers,

Thank You for putting these games on I LOVE LOVE LOVE the first game and I learned a lot but I could'nt open the second site but I thnik it's good as the first one

Love From Ola

P.S: Thank You for putting these sites on Thank You

Ola said...

Dear Mrs Hinsley and Miss Speers,


I enjoy these games so much that I play the games all the time and it helped my maths

Love Ola

MEGAN GODWIN said...

THANKYU MRS HINSLEY AND MISS SPEERS FOR PUTTING A BLOG ON AND IT RILLY HELPS ME WITH MY LEARNING. AND WE THANKYU THAT WE HAVE TEACHERS IN OUR WORLD OTHERWISE WE WOULDNT HAVE TO LEARN. THANKYU THANKYU THANKYU. FROM MEGAN AND GODWIN XXX

Shelby said...

Thanx Mrs ?Hinsley for these sites i am going to try some of them.